Monday 7 April 2014

SCHOOL GIRL CHIC

Yes, I admit that I am a total whore when it comes to leopard print, I am destined to be one of those old ladies dressed head-to-toe in leopard print, taking the crazy cat lady thing to the extreme. But, I have recently developed quite the fondness for tartan - it is school girl fashion but all grown up, so it's not creepy or Japanese anime. As in the word of Peter Griffin - "Everyone in Japan is either a school girl or a monster."

I'm in a bit of a bad/sad mood today because I'm feeling under the weather - the whole head in a vice feeling, does not for a happy Gemma make. I'm also having a bit of an attack of the green eyed monster - no not the hulk, jealousy stupid. It's my older sister's birthday today and she is off on holiday to Lanzarote in a few days. Of course I hope she has a lovely time and a fab birthday, but I o wish it was me.

So happy birthday Rach...

Tartan Dress, Missguided - Similar Here
White Shirt, ASOS - Similar Here.
Faux  Fur Coat, Next - Similar Here.
Over-the-knee Boots, New Look - Similar Here.

What prints are you loving at the minute?

Gems x

 Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't really like it until a few months ago, when I realised how cute it could be :)
      x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love tartan. I always have and I always will. I love your dress. It's a great shape. I'm a little obsessed with map prints at the minute but I can't find anything at a price I want to pay! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yeah, map prints are great. I found an amazing (if not nerdy) Middle Earth map dress on Ebay at a bargain, but they didn't have my size :( SO let me know if you find anything!
      x

      Delete
  3. Loving the tartan and fake wolf combo! With me it's psychedelia and paisley and anything big and wild. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love paisly at the minute, and anything neon. Finally coming out of my shell at 30 :)
      x

      Delete
  4. That dress is so cute, you have such a teeny waist! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara, it can be quite annoying having a teeny waist, anything too loose fitting just looks like a sack :)

      x

      Delete
  5. You look too cute and I agree with Tara, hello teeny waist! I'm jealous of your sister too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is off on holiday today and will be sunning herself by the pool tomorrow...lucky thing!
      x

      Delete
  6. I've been under the weather too. Maybe it's just a crappy week -_-
    I do love this fantastic tartan dress, the shape is lovely! Adore that you paired it with a white shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope we both feel better soon :) Especially you x

      Delete
  7. Oh, love your tartan dress! It's so chic, and your faux fur coat is amazing :) How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isotta, I'm sad fur coat weather is almost over :) x

      Delete
  8. You're rocking the tartan like a pro ;-)

    At the moment I'm into pastels more than print, but I don't think tartan will ever get old!

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving powder blues at the moment, so pleased they are everywhere!
      x

      Delete
  9. I'm going to be so upset when it gets too warm for my faux fur!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment, and I will always be sure to check out fellow bloggers.